Data presentation and analysis are integrated with every possible field. Starting from academic studies, commercial, industrial and marketing activities as well as professional practices. It is essential for the user to make something useful out of data available, as related data of an organisation can contribute to problem-solving. Users usually deal with raw data. Data analysis calls for analysing the raw data which must be processed further to support any sort of applications. Therefore, the processes or analysed data usually helps in the interpretation of raw data and extract the useful content out of it. The transformed raw data assist in obtaining useful information.
Once the required information is obtained from the source of raw material, then the next step would present the data. The presentation represents the key to success. Once the information is obtained then the user needs to present the information in an effective way to acquire better response and outcomes. Presentation of data majorly includes:
- Pictorial representation
All those visual aspects share a common goal to ease the method of understanding and learning with the assistance of effective presentation.
Significance of Data Presentation
Presentation could be both a deal maker or breaker based on the delivery of the content with those visual aspects. If the user can create an insightful incredible presentation of the required data with the same sets of facts and figures, then the result will be astounding. There have been situations where the user has a great amount of data and vision for expansion but the presentation drowned his/her vision. Therefore, to impress the higher authorities and top-level management people, effective representation of data is required. With the help of data representation, the clients or the audience would not have spent hours in grasping the concept, while the perfect presentation can get it done in half of the time.
How to present data and what all analysis should be included?
Visual aspects and sorting the data in the form of graphs, pivot charts or tables would enhance the process of analysis. The presentation of data would help in further analysis, once the data is filtered, analysed, grouped then users can use the data for decision making, growth and expansion.
Following are Data Presentation:
- Time Series Data
- Bar Charts
- Combo Charts
- Pie Charts
- Geo Map
- Scatter Charts
- Bullet Charts
- Area Chart
- Text & Images
Importance of Efficient Data Presentation
Although data presentation has so much to offer but following are the major reason behind the training of effective representation:
- Many consumers or higher authorities are interested in the interpretation of data, not the raw data itself. Therefore, after the analysis of the data, users should represent the data with visual aspect for better understanding and concepts.
- The user should not overwhelm the slides of presentation with an ample amount of texts as pictures speak louder than words. Therefore, visual aspects include pictorial elements rather than texts.
- The presentation would start with the introduction and basis of the presentation. The background should be clear and stated before the commencement of the presentation because it clears up the head of the audience and consumers.
- Providing a brief description would help the user to attain attention in a small amount of time. Description of the research is headed up.
- The presentation should include pictures, charts, graphs and tables for better understanding and potential outcomes.
AN effective presentation would allow the organisation to determine the difference with the fellow organisation and acknowledge its flaws. Comparison of data would assist them in decision making.
Following are the major types of charts used for representation:
- Bar charts/Bar graphs
- Line charts
- Pie charts
- Combo chart